Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Life with Ichigo




We always had pets (usually dogs) when I was growing up, and having a dog now after years of not living with one had made me realize how much they can change your lifestyle. Since Ichigo came into our lives, we get up earlier, come home earlier, go to bed earlier, and are generally more relaxed. I have taken a strict approach to overtime and I now stay past six (which is still an hour of overtime) only when absolutely necessary. Of course I don't think my colleagues look upon this favorably - they are all there from 7am to 8pm every day whether they are busy or not. I think that's ridiculous.

Anyway, I was a bit nervous about how R would do with Ichigo because he has never had a dog. It turns out I didn't have to worry at all - they are best friends and he is absolutely enamored with her. I dread the day someone asks him to choose between me and the dog...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH! What an adorable dog, what kind is she???

They are wonderful, and also a lot of work - but wonderful!

Congratulations on your new friend
Tracy

Gina said...

I hear ya, we always had dogs growing up too. They're just like part of the family. And they do change your lifestyle by having one, like you said, for the positive I'd say for sure. I always felt more relaxed having one too.

I think you guys having Ichigo is such a good good thing. : )

deenster said...

Tracy, thank you and sorry for taking so long to get back to you! She is a toy poodle, although she is quite a big bigger than the typical toy poodle size. We are enjoying her!

Gina, yes, it is amazing how relaxing dogs can be, isn't it?! I read a book by the Dog Whisperer guy (can't remember his name right now) and he talked about how dogs can help people keep perspective and be more relaxed. I definitely think that is true!

 
template by suckmylolly.com